Friday, December 16, 2011

How often should i change the oil on my toyota corolla?

I haven't had an oil change in 6 months because i don't drive it that much. I checked it last night, and the oil still looked good. But my dad said i should still change it just because it's 1/2 a year old. and he says that he should do it because places like jiffy lube will give me crappy oil. Is that true?|||sounds like in your case 1 a year will do the trick an also replace oil filter useing good oil is best|||The additives in oil contain anti-corrosives. So even if you don't put on a lot of miles, but take lots of short trips, you're still depleting those additives.





Your dad is wrong about the oil used at Jiffy Lube. It meets the same standards as the oil you buy off the shelf. It's not the oil quality that bothers me about Jiffy Lube, it's the quality of the techs and the fact that they always try to sell me things I don't need. That's just my personal opinion.|||you should change it if it's been that long, because the additives in the oil break down and you lose some of the oil's protection,





and yes, places like jiffy lube will give you the cheapest oil they find, which means they'll have the minimum amount of additives required.





I recommend Valvoline, it got most of my cars past 300,000 miles before i sold them, and they were still running great|||Honestly, it is almost the same price to have it changed at walmart, Ez Lube or any other shop than it is to do it yourself. Your car should be around the 20-25$ range for a lube and filter change. You should get it changed every 3000 miles or every 4 months which ever comes first. Good luck to ya.|||if you dont' drive much it's still a good idea to change your oil twice a year so it doesn't turn into sludge. in reality jiffy lube would be fine. even if they use off brand oil all of it has to pass minimum standards. since you don't drive much it won't really make a difference.|||I change my oil in my jeep every 3-5 thousand miles. ID say for you every 5000 miles. Well I dont know what kinda oil jiffy lube usually puts in a car. when you go in there tell them you want good oil like castrol.

No comments:

Post a Comment