Friday, December 16, 2011

How much should an oil change with Mobil 1 cost?

There's a place around here charging $80 for a mobil 1 oil change and a car wash. Doesn't that seem high?|||Amanda, I'd love to show you all the receipts from my last Mobil1 oil change. I bought the PF-52 AC-Delco oil filter, ($3.65) and a five quart container of 5W-30 Mobil1 ($22.00) at Walmart. I took these two items to the local Chevrolet dealership where I was charged ($13.44) to do the oil change with my oil and filter. Add the three charges together and you wind-up with a *grand total of $39.05. You can afford to spend a little time to chase down the type of car wash you like.





Please what ever you do avoid fast (sit in your seat) oil change shops. Non-mechanics make too many mistakes.





I usually change my own oil but I'm on the mend from spine surgery.|||No Amanda. That is about the industry standard. Mobil 1 is a synthetic oil which means more $$$. Mobil 1 is recommended for cars like Porsches and Corvettes, so it's just about the best oil on the market. Pair this with a car wash and it seems justified that it's more exorbitant than your typical $29.95 Jiffy Lube special.|||Walmart will do it for around $55. They do just as good as Jiffy Lube does.|||$60 for the oil change and $5 for a touchless car wash at the shell station.|||Sounds about right for synthetic oil and a car wash

No comments:

Post a Comment