Friday, December 16, 2011

How many miles did you go to before your first oil change on your Cobalt?

I have a 2010 Cobalt and bought it brand new with just 12 miles on it a few months ago. I've now got about 6500 miles and the indicator says I am at 50% Oil Life. I'm interested in when other Cobalt owners went ahead with that first oil change and ones after that - do you go by the oil life percentage or just straight mileage, etc?|||I don't own a cobalt but here's my take on it.





I grew up with the understanding that you should change your oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. I think that still should be followed with older vehicles.





These days, however, with the more modern vehicles and better oil formulas, it is more like every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Most vehicle computers are programmed to let you know when it is time (a "Service Engine Soon" or "Change Oil Soon" light will appear), depending on driving habits and conditions. Check your owners manual to see when yours is recommended.|||i'd go by the oil life monitor GM didn't install the oil life monitor just for show did they|||Replace the engine oil and filter now using http://www.mobiloil.com Mobil One synthetic oil and your engine will last 200,000 miles or more like my engines have always done.|||initial oil change I would have changed it at 2,000 miles and after that every 4,000 miles.|||I always go by mileage...but that's because i am very particular about my car

No comments:

Post a Comment